at The Mental Desk
AT A GLANCE
The Mental Desk is seeking proficient editors to create and update engaging, thoroughly researched, evidence-based, empathetic, and inclusive content that informs and empowers our readers to take proactive steps toward mental health.
The ideal candidate possesses solid editing skills, as well as robust project management, communication, and collaboration skills. In this role, you will collaborate closely with SEO analysts, freelance writers, designers, psychological reviewers, and copy editors to edit and guide content through the editorial process.
The Mental Desk aims to provide users with information, solutions, and next steps for their mental health and well-being.
The initial focus of the role will be editing reviews of mental health products and services on The Mental Desk, likely in the areas of mindfulness and mental resilience.
What You’ll Do
A typical day might include updating an article on the best sources of cognitive behavioral therapy, assigning articles on mental health apps to freelancers, and ensuring a new mindfulness course is approved by our internal vetting process. We’re looking for someone who loves delving into the intricacies of mental health science and can also zoom out to translate exactly what readers need to know.
- Research, assign, edit, and publish new and updated content according to the specific editorial standards of our brands
- Review and incorporate psychological reviewer comments and revisions
- Coordinate and manage all assets for new and updated content, including photos, videos, and social media embeds
- Collaborate with SEO analysts, freelance writers, psychological reviewers, designers, and copy editors to shepherd each piece through the editorial workflow:
- Work cross-functionally to update and improve existing content
- Build and develop a pool of expert writers
- Partner with marketing, social, and other business units to promote and optimize content
- Manage publication timelines and adjust priorities as needed based on stakeholder needs
- Be responsible for hitting monthly publication and traffic goals
What We’re Looking For
- At least 2 years of editing experience
- Superb research, writing, and editing skills
- Understanding of AP style or other style books
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills
- Excellent skills in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects, and prioritizing workload
- Experience working with a house style guide & content management systems, such as WordPress
- Ability to grasp the voice, style, and tone of different brands, and to edit according to their unique standards
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Comfort and confidence in making content decisions
- Basic understanding of SEO concepts and best practices
- Knowledge and interest in one or more of the following content areas:
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Mental resilience
- Mental health products
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by The Mental Desk, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $28,000-$30,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program